St. Martin's Church is located in the heart of the bourgeois town. Built by the Dietzenhofer brothers, it is Bamberg's only baroque church.
The creation of this church is closely linked with the Jesuits as it was originally constructed as the university church and the church of the Jesuit College. After a construction period of just seven years, the house of worship was consecrated in 1693. The trompe d'oeil dome by Giovanni Francesco Marchini and the early 14th century pieta are well worth seeing.
Please note, that the church cannot be visited inside at the moment, as comprehensive restoration work is necessary.